- Being accountable for the overall success of the project as well as the delivery of the project scope defined in the contract and verified at the start of the project;
- Ensuring design, planning and implementation of the project, up to a successful conclusion within the predefined budget and to the required quality.
- Build, implement & run project governance, providing communication -& escalation methods
- Ensures that the project is correctly staffed and manages those resources on the project to meet critical milestones, deliverables and objectives;
- Ensures that all project members can commit to the proposed milestones;
- Identifying and eliminating issues, collecting relevant information from different sources; developing alternative procedures and decisions on the basis of logical assumptions.
- Proactively & independently manage conflict, issue resolution, budget control and define remediation actions, including follow up to resolution
- Identify financial -& operational improvements
- Independently initiate internal meetings or action plans to resolve project blocking factors
- Ability to dashboard project progress and executive summary
- Defining measurable milestones, quality gates and deliverables to ensure acceptance by customer.
- Ensuring the project results meet the quality levels as agreed in the contracts.
- Setting-up ongoing communication and reporting according to communication plan.
- Follow-up on resources, budget and planning (P&L responsible for his/her project);
- He/she works closely with the customer and involved stakeholders to understand the needs of the business;
- He/she informs Steering Committee on project progress;
- He/she escalates when appropriate;
- He/she enforces the use of standards;
- Manage customer relations, setting expectations
- Manage teams & teamleads to align project requirements with ongoing team activities
- Organise lessons learned after project closure
- Degree in a Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent by experience
- You have at least a first experience in a similar function as Project Manager/Leader;
- You have at least 5 years experience as a Project Manager
- Use to work following standards and methodologies (PMI, Prince2, ITIL, etc.);
- Your approach is pragmatic and result driven;
- You combine a technical approach with a process oriented mindset.
- Have a broad view of IT in Infrastructures and Applications Environments;
- Have a technical specificity such as Infrastructure (Operating systems, servers, workplace, printing), Workplace, Storage and Application Packaging, Implementation and Configuration, Testing.
- Able to coordinate technical resources that are spread geographically
- Able to work in an international team context
- Able to work independently and absorb hand-over in a professional way
- Precision in reporting
- Experience in project management tracking tools (E.g. MS Project)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work well alone or/and within an (existing) team environment;
- Very good communication skills, able to understand the client/business needs and interact with the Business as well as IT people;
- Organisational skills, stress resistant.
- Flexibility and proactivity towards customer stakeholders
- Leadership skills to manage customer
- Able to manage customer's expectations