Econocom is currently looking for a project manager to join its internal team. As employee, you will be working in a team of 5 Project Managers for our client (the Benelux unit of a large international group) based in Brussels (walking distance of the North railway station). For this onsite mission, you will be responsible for large and complex infrastructure projects.
- Be the Project Lead for IT infrastructure projects:
- Rollout of new software/tools or updates, including OS upgrades
- Integration of new companies (acquisitions) into the client's IT environment
- Decommission of entities, with handover of infra and support scope to another IT organization
- Optimization projects (security features, evergreen updates, )
- Projects to align the local IT configuration with the client's group guidelines
- Projects related to Workplace, Server infra, Storage, Azure, O365
- Coordinate the setup or decom of new locations, sites, yards
- During the project you enforce and apply the group's guidelines/standards.
- You ensure the planning of resources to meet critical milestones, deliverables and objectives, you assure that all project members can commit to the proposed milestones.
- In close collaboration with the project requestor you define measurable milestones, quality gates and deliverables to ensure acceptance by the customer.
- Usage of a Work Breakdown Structure to identify the required actions and competences to complete a project.
- Build an action plan and track action points.
- You identify and eliminate issues by collecting relevant information from different sources and via the development of alternative procedures and decisions based on logical assumptions.
- Independently initiate internal meetings or action plans to resolve project blocking factors.
- Negotiate and chase operational teams and team leaders to align project requirements with ongoing team activities.
- Project reporting in SteerCo meetings and/or dashboards.
- Take care of a transfer to operations' and lessons learned meeting' at the end of each project.
- Ensure a successful conclusion within the predefined budget and to the required quality.
- Degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent by experience
- You have at least 5 years experience as a Project Manager in IT, preferably for a large client with a complex structure, with a proven track of projects in the domains described in the Mission above.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English (both spoken and written conversations)
- Accepts to work in the center of Brussels, North station region (public transport preferred), with occasional visits of sites in Belgium (exceptionally elsewhere in Europe).
- Able to work in an international organized structure, both individually and within a team.
- Flexibility in working hours (8 hours daily, between 7h and 18h) in function of the needs of your project.
- Strong skills in MS Excel (you know how to work with vlookup and pivot tables)
- Experience with PowerBi for reporting/dashboards is a plus.
- Have a broad view on IT Infrastructure and Application environments.
- Keeping up with new technology, IT news and trends
- Familiar with IT (project) standards and methodologies (Prince2, ITIL, Scrum, Kanban).
- A mature view on project handling with a pragmatic and result driven approach.
- Able to work independently and absorb hand-over in a professional way.
- Precision in reporting and time-keeping.
- Very good communication skills, on different levels in an organization.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to understand the client/business needs and interact with the Business as well as IT colleagues.
- Very good organizational skills, able to bring structure in unstructured requests, stress resistant.
- Flexibility and proactivity towards customer stakeholders.
- Leadership skills to steer project resources and to manage customer expectations.
- You are able to proactively and independently manage:
- project conflicts
- issue resolution, remediation actions
- budget control
- identification of financial and operational improvements
What we offer
In addition to a pleasant work environment, we offer a competitive salary, a car and excellent fringe benefits.
As we consider our people to be our most valuable assets, we invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas.