The Incident Manager is responsible for overseeing the incident management and resolution process, including overseeing the prioritization and escalation of IT incidents, coordinating the incident response team, implementing workarounds, and, where applicable, conducting trend analyses and root cause analyses.
- Ensures a single point of contact for all incidents;
- Reports on all incidents in the Incident Management process;
- Ensure effective and rapid response for Major Incidents;
- Escalate incidents to service delivery managers / operations managers and recurrences to problem management as appropriate;
- Ensure the quality of incident recording and tracking;
- Define and track metrics to deliver reporting on daily, weekly and monthly basis to assure the SLA's;
- Review and recommend, as appropriate, changes to support processes to ensure continuous improvement of the incident management process;
- Communicate all process information to the support teams;
- Train and coach your virtual team of Agents on customer specifics;
- Owner of the Major Incident process;
- Analyze performance of incident management activities and documented resolutions, identify problems, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Regularly iterate on the incident management process using data gathered about the frequency and severity of incidents.
- Lead several incident response teams across the organization for the duration of escalated incidents.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the transfer to the problem management process where necessary.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledgebases, and FAQ resources on the internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in incident reports and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on incident trends and make recommendations.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future incident management technologies and processes.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of incident management training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach, and mentor all support tiers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience with ITIL: knowledge of ITIL framework and demonstrated knowledge of the ITIL Incident Management Process in large and complex organizations;
- Experience in change impact analyses and reporting
- Very good knowledge of Dutch and French (C1) and good knowledge of English (B1)
- Significant experience with knowledge of computer hardware.
- Significant experience with desktop and server operating systems.
- Extensive application support.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing service level agreements and resolving IT incidents.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research on a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or equivalent by experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- ITIL trainings focused on Request & Incident Management