Data Center specialist
We are looking to re-inforce our project team with a technical profile to help successfully realizing the migration.
We are looking for a senior system engineer with broad datacenter experience. The candidate must be able to initiate and execute change requests in a structured and controlled manner.
The candidate will be part of the core project team and will work closely with the architecture team and the resources of the service partner. We expect the candidate to be able to work independently, analyze and prepare migration waves at a deep technical level, identify risks and find mitigation solutions, support and troubleshoot the actual migrations. The candidate will be expected to work outside of standard business hours (weekends / nights) in order to support the migrations.
The candidate understands how all datacenter components interact like virtual servers, AD, DNS, web servers(IIS), databases, firewalling, datacenter networking, load balancers, WAN, enterprise storage,....
We expect following technical skillset :
- at least 8 years of experience in system engineering into the datacenter
- extended VMware knowledge
- Profound knowledge Windows Server 2008/2012/2012R2/2016
- Active Directory
- PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle database systems
- Understanding of datacenter networking and security
- Understanding of enterprise class storage, NAS
Nice to have
- Having experience in datacenter migration projects
- Skype for business (backend)
- Citrix Xenapp/Xendesktop knowledge
Fluent in French/Dutch and ideally in English.