Econocom is a European group that makes digital transformation happen for companies and public organizations, active in 18 countries, with over 10 000 employees.
In an ever-changing world where users and usage are central, we guarantee access, ease of use and security of technology so that our customers can focus on their core business and on growing their competitive advantage.
Our Mission is to offer a unique combination of skilled resources, advanced technology and financial solutions. Starting from innovative lifecycle management, ensuring that our employees and customers are permanently operational and satisfied.
Integrated in our Bid Team, as a Bid Manager, you will take the lead for complex bid answers. Your responsibilities cover 4 main domains:
- Manage the bid process: ensure all opportunities are handled according to the process and identify gaps/improvements to the process;
- Assist in deal shaping: for the more complex deals, a bid manager should help position the strong -and winning points in the offer;
- Collect costs and create pricing: ensure presales and delivery provide costing and apply risk, contingency and margin;
- Offer generation: ensure all stakeholders provide input, create a story in the offer and deliver a high-quality proposal.
More specific tasks:
- Working closely together with sales, pre-sales, experts & architects as well as delivery and the legal department;
- Track and monitor assigned bid activities;
- Create the bid team & organization: identify and assign the required internal and external resources, allocate the roles and responsibilities in the bid team;
- Ensure compliance with internal governance bid processes;
- Management and tracking of all clarifications;
- Deliver the bid on time, on budget with the adequate level of quality;
- Negotiation of contracts with clients in collaboration with account managers and the legal department;
- Analyze and improve actual processes and adapt them according changing requirements.
- Master or Bachelor degree in trade, marketing, or information technology;
- At least 3 5 years of experience in bid management, sales support, pre-sales or project management, preferably in an IT solutions / services environment;
- Fluent in Dutch and (especially written) English, with a solid practical knowledge of French;
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), ERP;
- Experience in the application of project management techniques such as Prince2, very good knowledge and understanding of the different ITIL-processes and associated delivery models. Certification is a big plus;
- Knowledge of the IT outsourcing marketplace - eg infrastructure Outsourcing, Cloud computing.
A Bid Manager combines a unique set of interests & skills. Therefore you are/have:
- Service and result minded, commercially and customer oriented and proactive;
- Precise and analytical, and have a strong sense of synthesis;
- In the possession of excellent personal & written communication skills;
- Able to manage and motivate a team in order to deliver high quality, winning bids - you are therefore an excellent people manager;
- Capacity to work in changing (virtual / remote) teams and able to guide the dedicated team in working in budget and in time;
- Good time management skills and high degree of self-sufficiency;
- The ability and flexibility to work and deliver against customer deadlines.